The Word Magazine is a bi-annual print publication with international aspirations and a thick Belgian accent, documenting neighborhood living, photography, fashion, music and art and the people, places, passions and projects driving them. In addition to the magazine, Word also runs regular events (photography and art exhibitions, release parties), publish special artist editions and produce a series of online ‘dossiers’ presenting the best Belgium has to offer, from the best burger joints in the country to its best record stores and spaces for emerging art.
The new edition features short editorials, personal stories, extended features and striking portfolios on, with and by the likes of:
• Belgian visual artist ANNE-MIE VAN KERCKHOVEN on the importance of scketching.• The unlikely tale of THE 70,000 VHS TAPE OBSESSIVE
• The neighbourhood crowing of MARCEL, THE ELECTRO REPAIR MAN.• The institutionalisation of BELGIUM'S AUTOMATIC BREAD DISPENSERS.
• THE BEST PARTY TENT IN THE WORLD - and it’s Belgian!
• The NOISE-PUNK-ROCK emerging from the country’s French-speaking quarters.
• Eminent Belgian painter LUC TUYMANS on turning points.
• The upper crust of THE COUNTRY'S MOST PROMISING ARTISTS captured in our brand new offices.
Regular price: $20.00
Member price: $18.00